Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Frosting (dairy free, refined sugar free, gluten free)



Here is my frosting for yesterday's Almond Cut-out cookies. It isn't the smoothest, creamiest frosting I've ever had, but it is sweet and flavorful. It makes the cookies extra special. It even softens them up a little bit, so they aren't so crunchy. I love the flavor the maple syrup gives. I also used India Tree food red food dye  for the coloring - and it is such a brilliant color! I like this much better than that buttercream I was talking about yesterday. Of course for my son, the frosting sent these cookies from good to "Wow!". I'll probably work with it a bit more, and use coconut butter instead of oil once I get some.










Whole-food Cookie Frosting

2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 Tbsp coconut flour

Blend all ingredients in a small bowl. Let it sit for about 10 minutes as the coconut flour absorbs all the moisture, and then mix it well again. Add desired food colorings and spread on cooled cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment